Ruddington Bowls Club is hosting an Open Day and is welcoming everyone to come along and give the sport a try. All abilities will be welcome including complete beginners and people hoping to get back into the sport.
Free Open Day on Sunday 14 May 2017 from 2.30pm to 5pm at their Elms Park base in Ruddington.
Friendly qualified coaches and club members will be on hand to support the event and teach you the basics. If you have flat soled shoes please bring them along. All the equipment is provided so you can just turn up in comfortable clothes and have a go in a fun and relaxed environment.
- About the club:
- The club has regular casual ‘roll up’ events for members;
- Members can open the club up in the afternoon to play games with fellow members;
- A variety of opportunities in competitions during the day, evenings and at week ends, to suit your hours of availability and ability;
- There is a good social aspect to the club with annual day trip and regular opportunities to get together;
- The club is over 90 years old and is in a lovely setting with easy parking available; and
- The club membership has grown over recent years due to success of the annual Open Day and bowls school following for new recruits. For just £5 people new to the game can get 4 coaching sessions and have 6 chances to meet members in friendly practice games.
Andy Scott, Club Recruitment Officer said:
“These sessions are a great opportunity to try a new sport at a welcoming club looking to attract new members. Whether you want to stay healthy, make new friends or join a team I’d recommend going along to the Open Day. Our sport is easy to pick up and this club has everything you need to get you started.”
After the Open Day we will be running a four week coaching course club for participants wanting to play informally and those potentially looking to join one of our teams. Membership is also available for those interested in joining the club.
For information on the Open Day and coaching course please contact Andy Scott Recruitment Officer: 07910 663 158 email: firstname.lastname@example.org