Sales & Marketing Manager
Godfrey Sports Ltd has been providing high quality bespoke sportswear to Olympians and amateurs alike for over 35 years.
With a long history in rowing and a rising profile in cycling, we are looking for an ambitious, self-starting and creative individual to maintain and expand our presence in both new and existing markets by securing new sales and raising the profile of the company.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales & Marketing Manager will liaise with customers to generate orders to be fulfilled by our Nottingham-based production team. This role would be perfect for a recent graduate (within the last 3-5 years) who is keen to kick start their career in an exciting industry.
• To deliver new sales and promote the company in the custom sportswear market across a range of sports, with a particular focus on rowing and cycling.
• Develop marketing strategy to promote growth, increase market share and increase turnover, including regular reporting on key marketing metrics to ensure continuing progress and provide valuable feedback on all marketing activity.
• Establish and develop relationships with clubs, teams, business and events through sales meetings, presentations, and events, and maintain relationships moving forward to ensure continuing business.
• Manage the company website with regularly updated content to ensure it remains relevant and attractive to potential customers. Coordinate with customers to ensure the website reflects their kit requirements.
• Maintain the company’s social media channels and produce effective and engaging content with a consistent tone of voice to help build a relationship with potential customers, and drive enquiries.
• Plan, schedule and design the email newsletter to include relevant and interesting product news and content.
• Create and deliver a range of supporting promotional communications across other channels including kit range documents, flyers, brochures, and video.
• Manage all of our partnership and sponsorships agreements to ensure they support the marketing strategy and assist in driving new sales.
About the candidate:
• Must have a keen interest in sport, particularly in cycling.
• Educated to degree level with an understanding of business and marketing.
• Good IT skills with day-to-day use of Microsoft Office. A basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop is desirable.
• A self-starter, able to manage multiple projects, with good ideas for new initiatives.
• Personable, and a good communicator who enjoys building relationships.
• Full, clean driving license.
Location and travel requirements:
Based at our Nottingham factory, office hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am-4pm on Friday. Flexible hours may be available. You will be required to travel to customer meetings both during office hours and at evenings, and will attend events at the weekends during the summer.
£20-22k pa, dependent on experience.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply to Tom Godfrey (0115 986 4600 / email@example.com)