Nottingham Station has reopened this morning – but with a reduced service, fewer open platforms, no toilet facilities and no step-free access.
East Midlands Trains said in an update:
‘Structural engineers and Network Rail have made an assessment of the station, and have declared it safe for platforms 1-5 to be reopened for the start of service today; however, platforms 6 and 7 will remain closed.
‘CrossCountry and Northern will run a full service and East Midlands Trains will operate a reduced service, although, trains may start / terminate at a different platform than originally planned.
‘Please note: Due to the damage caused by the fire, Nottingham station currently has reduced facilities, including no lifts, no step free access and no toilet facilities.
‘Customers travelling to / from Nottingham who require assistance are advised to speak to station staff, or on-board train staff, for further advice and alternative travel arrangements.’
Advice for East Midlands Trains customers:
East Midlands Trains will be operating a reduced service as follows:
- London St Pancras International – Nottingham Route. Trains from Nottingham to London St Pancras International: Trains that depart Nottingham at xx:05 will run normally. Trains that depart Nottingham at xx:32 will instead start at East Midlands Parkway. Trains from London St Pancras International to Nottingham: Trains that depart London St Pancras International at xx:15 will terminate at East Midlands Parkway. Trains that depart London St Pancras International at xx:29 will run normally.
- Leicester / Nottingham / Lincoln Route: Trains on this route will run between Leicester and Loughborough and between Nottingham and Lincoln only.
- Nottingham / Grantham / Skegness Route: Trains will run as scheduled on this route.
- Matlock / Derby / Nottingham Route: Trains will run between Matlock and Derby only.
- Nottingham / Mansfield / Worksop Route: There is no train service running on this route all day.
- Liverpool / Nottingham / Norwich Route: Trains will run as scheduled on this route.
All other routes on the East Midlands Trains network are expected to run as scheduled.
A replacement bus service will run on the Robin Hood Line (Nottingham to Worksop) between Nottingham and Loughborough, and also between Derby and Nottingham.
A shuttle bus service will run between East Midlands Parkway and Nottingham to support the train service.
To help you complete your journey, your ticket will be accepted on the following services:
- CrossCountry on any reasonable route
- Northern between Worksop and Sheffield and Nottingham
- Nottingham Express Transit (NET Tram) between Nottingham and Hucknall
If you have a ticket dated for travel on Friday 12 January and you decided not to travel, or your train was cancelled as a result of the fire, you may use your ticket to travel today (Saturday 13 January).
Nottingham Station Car Park
The Car Park at Nottingham station is now open for customers to retrieve their cars.
Check before you travel:
You can check your journey using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner.However, please note that East Midlands Trains replacement buses are currently not showing the the Journey Planner.