The A1 in Lincolnshire is closed northbound between the A52 (Grantham) and the B1174 (Gonerby Moor) due to a serious collision.
UPDATED: ROAD REOPENED 1 am Friday 25 March.
The scene is now clear and the #A1 in #Lincolnshire between the #A52 and the #B1174 has re-opened following the earlier collision. Thank you for your patience. Please have a safe onward journey. pic.twitter.com/pCv6osQqyK
— National Highways: East Midlands (@HighwaysEMIDS) March 25, 2022
Emergency services including Lincolnshire Police are in attendance. National Highways contractors will be attending to assist with traffic management.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the hollow circle symbol on road signs.
- Exit the A1 northbound at the A52 (Barrowby) junction and join the A52 westbound
- Continue on the A52 westbound for 11.8 miles to the A52/A46 Bingham Interchange
- At the interchange, join the A46 northbound
- Continue on the A46 for 10 miles to the A46 Farndon Roundabout
- Take the 2nd exit onto the A46 Newark Bypass and continue northbound until the A46/A1 Brownhills Roundabout
- Take the 1st exit at the roundabout and then re-join the A1 northbound
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.