The A1 in Lincolnshire is closed northbound between the A52 (Barrowby) and the B1174 (Gonerby Moor) due to a collision involving a heavy goods vehicle.
Lincolnshire Police are on scene.
There are delays of less than 10 minutes and approximately 1 mile of congestion on approach to the closure.
Road users are advised to follow the hollow circle diversion symbol on road signs
- Exit the A1 at A52 Barrowby Junction and turn left (west) onto the A52.
- Continue along the A52 west for approximately 19km to the A52/A46 Saxondale Island, and turn right (north) onto the A46.
- At the A46/A6097 Margidunum Roundabout, go straight over and continue along the A46 (High loads are circumvented through Bingham), through the villages of East Stoke and Farndon until the A46 Farndon Roundabout.
- Turn left (north) onto the A46 Newark Bypass and go straight over at the A46/A616/A617 Cattle Market Roundabout.
- Continue north on the A46 until the A46/A1 Brownhills Roundabout, then take the first exit off the roundabout onto the A1 northbound
For B1174 traffic at the Gonerby Moor Junction trying to access the A1 northbound
- Take the A1 southbound entry slip at the Gonerby Moor junction
- Continue south on the A1 until the A1/A52Barrowby junction
- Exit the A1 onto the A52 slip road
- At the top of the slip turn left and then use the route as described above