Officers are appealing for information after a man was shot in the Bestwood Drive area of Nottingham.
We received a report from the East Midlands Ambulance Service at around 11pm on Saturday (10 February 2018) that a man had been shot.
The 18-year-old was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre and treated for his injuries which are said not to be life threatening.
Investigations are ongoing.
Neighbourhood Inspector Christine Busuttil said: “It’s believed a masked man, described as being 5ft 10ins tall and of a stocky build, entered the Duke of St Albans pub, shot the victim and fled in what’s believed to be an isolated incident. No one else was injured. We’d like to reassure the local community that we don’t believe there’s any threat to them and we have increased, regular patrols operating in the area. We are doing everything we can to find the person that has committed this callous act. The offender was last seen running away from the pub along Bestwood Park Drive so if you saw him or have any information that could help, please get in touch.”
If you have any information, please call us on 101 quoting incident 932 of 10 February 2018. You can also contact Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.