Lots of partners are coming together to celebrate black history and culture this October.
- Saturday 1 October, Nottingham Council House will be lit in purple to start the celebrations for Black History Month 2022
- Saturday 1 October, 12pm start, Green & Black Agenda at the Marcus Garvey Centre, Lenton Boulevard, NG7 2BY. A special event with arts, dance, music and entertainment covering Black History, Climate Change, Levelling Up, BAME Business, Job Creation, Refugees and Asylum Seekers and African Heritage. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 5 October, 1.30pm – 3pm, Enabling Black Success Virtual Event (MS Teams) Come and celebrate Black History Month with University of Nottingham – their panel of Black staff and alumni will discuss what success means to them, what barriers they have faced and how they have overcome them, and what facilitates Black success in Higher education for students and staff. Registration link: Action, Not Words: Enabling Black Success – The University of Nottingham
- Friday 7 October, the Black History Month banner will be installed across the front of Nottingham Council House.
- Saturday 8 October, 1pm – 4pm, CiPD BHM Community Event at Brendan Lawrence Sports Centre, St Anns NG3 4NB. Free family event including live DJ, free food, free raffle, sport activities, stalls and much more.
- Sunday 9 October, 10am – 4pm, BHM Youth Sports Festival at Hyson Green Youth Club, Terrace Street Hyson Green, NG7 6ER. Free sports festival for under 16s with football, basketball, taekwondo and more. More info: email@example.com
- Saturday 15 October, 11am – 8pm, African Cultural Festival at Hyson Green Youth Club, Terrace Street Hyson Green, NG7 6ER. Come and celebrate African cultures with a DJ, music, performers, film, food and market stalls and arts and craft activities for children. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to all of the organisations who are organising or participating in celebrations this year including:
African Women Empowerment Forum
Fearless Youth Association
University of Nottingham
Global African Integration Network
Citizens in Policing Department (CiPD)
The Renewal Trust
Majority Black Led Churches
Face Art Petra
Juno Women’s Aid
Nottingham Forest Community Trust
East Midlands Ambulance Service
Support Through Sport
Nottinghamshire Police & Crime Commissioner
Nottingham Fire & Rescue
Royal Airforce & Royal Navy