5.2 C
West Bridgford
Thursday, 15 April 2021

Businesses encouraged to apply for pavement licences in time for April 12


 Rushcliffe Borough Council is encouraging hospitality businesses to apply for outdoor pavement licences in time for welcoming back customers when lockdown restrictions may begin to ease for the sector on Monday, April 12.


Pavement licences can enable businesses to serve food and drink from an outside stall, introduce tables and seating to outdoor spaces, place barriers or other items outside that will help support their operations.

1 1


Businesses considering applying for their first outdoor licence can easily do so using the details on the authority’s website: Temporary pavement Licence.


Rushcliffe Borough Council’s Executive Manager for Neighbourhoods Dave Banks said: “Now is the time for hospitality business owners to review their outdoor space and consider increasing their capacity by applying for a pavement licence ahead of April 12.


“We know that so many of our residents are eager to return to their favourite establishments and where appropriate, these licences can allow premises to take up additional outside space to ensure their customers can return safely.


“Our Licensing teams are on hand to help with any queries and can guide businesses through the process step by step which will include consultation with the Highways Authority. Simply email Licensing@rushcliffe.gov.uk to get started.”


Those with an existing licence granted by the Council can continue to utilise their agreed outdoor space throughout the summer until September 2021.


The second stage of the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown is currently set to begin no earlier than April 12 and will include the opening of non-essential retail and the reintroduction of outdoor hospitality.


Further details on current lockdown restrictions can be found on the Council website www.rushcliffe.gov.uk/coronavirus


It is necessary to get a pavement licence to place items outside a business on the public highway. This includes:


  • counters or stalls selling or serving food and drink,
  • tables, counters or shelves on which food or drink can be placed,
  • chairs benches or other forms of seating and umbrellas,
  • barriers and other items used in connection with the outdoor consumption of food and drink.