The M1 southbound carriageway remains closed between J21 and J20 near Leicester for a vehicle fire.
Leicester Fire and Rescue are at the scene with National Highway Traffic Officers assisting with traffic management.
The northbound carriageway is now open.
Road users travelling southbound are advised to follow the Hollow Square diversion symbol on road signs
- Exit the M1 northbound at J21 and take the third exit onto the M69
- Continue along the M69 to the M69 J1/A5 Interchange.
- At M69 J1 exit the motorway and take the first exit onto the A5 southbound.
- Continue along the A5 to the A5/A4303 “Cross in Hand Roundabout”.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto the A4303 eastbound.
- Continue along the A4303 passing through two roundabouts at Magna Park and Coventry Road to the A5/A426 roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the second exit and continue on the A4303 to M1 J20.
- Re-join M1 J20
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.