Due to the Coronavirus outbreak the Lenton Household Waste and Recycling Centre on Redfield Rd is closed until further notice.
Please continue to use both your recycling bin and general waste bin as normal, ensuring you recycle as much clean, dry and loose material as possible.
If you were planning to visit our recycling centre, please hold on to the items you were planning to take until the site is reopened.
During this time, we ask residents to act responsibly and not place items such as DIY waste, garden waste, or recycling into their general waste bin. This will take up space in the collection vehicles needed for general household rubbish. Try to recycle as much material as possible in your recycling bin.
Waste disposal advice for households that are self-isolating
Households that are self-isolating should follow the UK Government’s ‘Stay at home’ advice which states:
– Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags.
– These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste.
– This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
– Please do not take this waste to your local Recycling Centre.
– Please dispose of your other household waste as normal.
It is more important than ever to ensure that recycling is clean and dry, and that rubbish bags are all securely tied to help prevent spills and protect our collection teams and the public.