Tuesday 27 February 2024
8 C
Nottingham

Disposable barbecue fire spreads to Nottinghamshire house

Fire crews were called to a property in Newstead in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the property after a disposable barbecue left outside caused a fire which spread to the property.

Pictures show the crews from two fire stations tackling the blaze.

A spokesperson said:

‘At 02:40 on Saturday 3 June, one appliance from Ashfield Fire Station and one from Hucknall were mobilised to a fire that had spread to the house in Newstead.

- Advertisement -

‘The cause of the fire was found to be a disposable BBQ that had been left on combustible material.

‘The fire then spread to the property.

351191557 1188652098498400 7509274262016245174 n
© NFRS

‘The fire was extinguished by Firefighters using 1 hose reel jet, breaking in gear and thermal imaging camera was also used.

‘If you use a disposable BBQ please ensure that it is not left in or close to anything combustible.

‘If you can you should put sand or soil onto your disposable BBQ to put it out, this will not cool the BBQ so please do this with care as it will still be hot.

‘Never leave a disposable BBQ indoors, this will give off deadly carbon monoxide gas.’

 

351329098 690522439499883 6704180951103684349 n
© NFRS

Follow The Wire on TikTok, Facebook, X, Instagram. Send your story to newsdesk@westbridgfordwire.com or via WhatsApp on 0115 772 0418

Categories:
 

Latest