The incident is causing delays to all services.
NET said in an update at 09:32
‘We are now running through to all destinations with delays to all services. We apologise for any inconvenience caused this morning.’
Nottinghamshire Police told us: “We are there supporting the fire service at an incident in the city centre.
“We were called just after 8.35am this morning. It’s Noel Street.”
‘We have no service between Wilkinson Street and The Forest, affecting all services. NCT Yellow Buses are accepting our tickets and passes. The NCT bus stops are located at:
• Bulwell-Bulwell Bus station-68, 69, 70, 71
• Cinderhill-Cinderhill Road/Headstocks Pub-70, 71
• Highbury Vale-Catchems Corner/Vernon Road-68, 69
• David Lane-Basford Crossings/Vernon Road-68, 69
• Basford-Nottingham Road/Vernon Road-68, 69
• The Forest-The Forest Recreation Ground/Mansfield Road-68, 69
• Old Market Square/Royal Centre-Victoria Shopping Centre/Mansfield Road-68, 69, 70, 71
‘Customers travelling southbound towards Toton Lane and Clifton South can only travel as far as Wilkinson Street by tram. If you intend to travel beyond the Wilkinson Street towards the City, please alight the tram at Basford or David Lane to get a bus towards Nottingham City Centre. You can then continue your journey by tram.
‘Customers travelling northbound beyond the Forest are advised to alight at The Royal Centre to get the 68 or 69 bus from The Victoria Centre near TK Maxx towards David Lane, then continue by tram to Hucknall, Phoenix Park or Wilkinson Street. The 70 or 71 will enable customers to reach Cinderhill or Bulwell.
‘Buses are also available from the Forest on Mansfield Road, which is 0.7 miles walk from the tram stop.
Walking distance between The Forest and Wilkinson Street is 0.8 miles/16 minutes.’