Rushcliffe Borough Council has outlined arrangements for residents to remember and reflect on the life of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II following her sad passing.
A National Moment of Reflection will take place Sunday, September 18 at 8pm to mourn the passing of Her Majesty and reflect on her life and legacy, marked by a one-minute silence.
Parish and town councils, communities, groups, clubs and organisations should consider local places of significance for events to mark the occasion if they wish to.
- In Bingham, Bingham Town Council and The Mayor of Bingham would like to invite residents to join him at 7.55pm on the Market Place in the town Bingham and observe the one minute silence.
- In East Leake, the Parish Council will be marking the National Moment of Reflection at the village’s Friendship Garden on Main Street with the minute silence at 8pm. Residents, local groups and organisations are invited to join them from 7.55pm.
- In Keyworth, the Parish Council would like to invite the local community to a small remembrance service near the flag in the Village Hall car park from 7.50pm. They will hold a minute’s silence followed by prayers to reflect on the life and passing of Queen Elizabeth II.
- In Ruddington, the Parish Council will be marking the National Moment of Reflection at the village’s War Memorial on Church Street with the minute silence at 8pm. Chairman, Councillor Graham Fletcher and vicars from our local churches will address the crowd. Residents, local groups and organisations are invited to join them.
- In Scarrington, a candlelit one minute silence at the Church of St John of Beverley will take place. The church bells will ring from 7.45pm to welcome all villagers.
In-person books of condolence
Mayor of Rushcliffe Cllr Tina Combellack started the first book of condolence and laid the first flowers in the Borough, followed by Consort Cllr Neil Clarke and Chief Executive Kath Marriott.
Residents can sign in-person books at:
- Rushcliffe Arena, 9am to 5pm until Sunday, September 18, Monday September 19 2pm to 8pm, Tuesday September 20, 9am to 5pm. Reception atrium, Rugby Road, West Bridgford, NG2 7YG. NCTX bus services 10 and 8 serve the centre and there is free car parking on site.
- Rushcliffe Customer Service Centre, Fountain Court, Gordon Road, West Bridgford NG2 5LN:
Friday September 16, 8.30am-4.30pm
Saturday September 17, 9am-5pm