FatFace, the fast-growing lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer, plans to open a new larger store on Bridlesmith Gate in Nottingham city centre.
Plans for signage were passed almost a year ago by Nottingham City Council and the building looks almost ready, work on the exterior is almost complete. The shop covers two floors.
Nottingham’s Bildurn are the developers for the site at 9, Bridlesmith Gate.
Whether or not the store replaces the smaller unit in St. Peter’s Gate isn’t known, there is no opening date available at the moment.
Having started in 1988 as a business selling t-shirts and sweatshirts in the Alps, FatFace is now one of the UK’s most recognised multi-channel retail brands stocking a wide range of womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, footwear, and accessories, all designed in-house at the UK headquarters in Havant, Hampshire.
There are over 220 FatFace stores in the UK, Ireland and the USA – located in market towns, holiday locations, high street shopping centres and high footfall travel hubs.
Highlights from the Annual Report and Financial Statements for the 52 weeks ended 28 May 2016 included:
- Revenue grew by 7.4% (2015: 2.7%) to over £220 million.
- The Group has continued to grow revenues every year since it was founded.
- Ecommerce saw over 20% growth in the year and is now over 18% of the business (2015: 16%).
- Investment in the business continued with a record year of capital expenditure of £10.1m (2015: £9.2m)
- First US stores open
- New 80,000 square foot Distribution Centre.