Crews from Stapleford attended the incident.
‘An unusual incident for us last night.
‘We were called to a report of a male with his hand trapped down the back of a sofa.
‘Firefighters were able to free the man, who had slight reddening to his hand.
Firefighter Gavin Wilson who attended the incident said “It really isn’t just fires, I am pleased we were able to help the male without hurting him further or damaging his sofa. We will revisit him later today, make sure he is ok and complete a safe and well visit.”