Shortly before 7pm on Thursday 18 May evening firefighters were alerted to a report of a fire within a residential property on Dennis Avenue Beeston.
Two firefighters were committed in Breathing Apparatus and used a firefighting jet to extinguish the blaze.
Shortly afterwards removing a cooker from the property and using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the address of smoke.
The vast majority of fires we attend start in the kitchen and there are things you can do, to help us stop these fires happening.
Watch Manager Pete Hopkins who was the incident Commander shares his top tips below.
Keep things clean – a build-up of fat and grease can catch fire – keep the oven, hob and grill clean.
Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob.