Tuesday 14 February saw Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service attend two different house fires in less than an hour. Both fires started in the kitchen.
At 22:34 on Tuesday 14 February, firefighters were called to a house fire on Harrington Drive in Lenton.
Two fire engines from London Road attended.
The occupants tried to deal with an oil pan fire by throwing water onto it and carrying the pan outside, which resulted in injuries.
One male and one female were administered first aid by crews on the scene.
We then received a call at 23:23 on Tuesday 14 February to a flat fire on Church Street in Old Basford, which was started by a chip pan. Crews from Stockhill, Highfields and Arnold attended.
One adult and five children were led to safety by firefighters after their smoke alarm alerted them to the fire. Three causalities were assessed by EMAS and discharged on scene.
Station Manager for Prevention, Dan Palmer, said: “Thankfully the people involved in both these incidents escaped with minor to no injuries, but it could have been very different.
“Please take care when you’re cooking, don’t leave pans unattended and never put water on a pan fire.
“If your smoke alarm sounds, make sure you have an escape route planned for yourself and your family. Get out, stay out, and call 999 immediately.”