The fire has been extinguished, no-one was injured in the incident.
A spokesman for the Victoria Centre said:
“This afternoon, part of the external signage of House of Fraser on Mansfield Road caught on fire. Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue attended the scene and extinguished the fire.”
“The incident was dealt with quickly and nobody was injured. House of Fraser was evacuated as a precaution and the rest of the centre remained trading as normal. There has been some disruption to traffic in the surrounding area.”
— Robert Scragg (@CADman1865) November 18, 2022
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service said:
‘Crews have now left the incident at the Victoria Centre in Nottingham.
‘There were no reports of any injuries and we thank the public for their patience whilst we dealt with the fire.’