Crews from East Leake, West Bridgford and London Road attended a fire, with assistance from Shepshed Fire Station (Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service).
The fire was in a single-storey building on Main Street, Keyworth at 19:19 on Tuesday 10 November 2020. Two hose reel’s (HR), four Breathing Apparatus (BA) and one short extension was used to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire has been deemed electrical.
Group Manager, Phil Revill, said: “This incident shows you that electrical fires do occur. Although we cannot identify the exact cause of this incident, we want to prevent them from happening, so please follow our general electrical safety advice.
“Do not overload your sockets, as they can overheat and cause fires, and please check all leads are undamaged before use.
“We are also a society of portable appliance users that require us to charge the batteries. You should check the condition of both the battery and chargers, and monitor them for signs of damage and excessive heating during their operation.
“If you are a business and your premises are closed due to lockdown, ensure all electrical items are switched off and unplugged before leaving.
“Our hearts go out to the business affected from this terrible incident.”
The building has been identified as a local business called Cousins Collective, who create and sell tattoo inspired embroidered unisex clothing and accessories.
Business owner, Ellie Mortimer-Gill, said: “I am pretty devastated and shocked by the fire as everything that I have worked towards for the past four years was burnt to the ground.
“I have lost my studio, as well as three embroidery machines, a sewing machine, printers, computers and countless amounts of stock. I have now set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds for me to start my business up again as I still have orders that need to go out.
“I want to thank the fire service for their help on Tuesday night, they were amazing and I cannot thank them enough.”