People across the country and the Commonwealth are invited to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort over a weekend of special events on Saturday 6 to Monday 8 May – street parties will be held across the country, here’s how to book road closures etc in Nottinghamshire.
How to apply in Nottinghamshire
Organising a street party for neighbours is very simple and does not require a licence but the council need to know about it if you need to close the road (Apply by Friday 14 April).
- Nottinghamshire County Council, in partnership with Via, will be charging no fees and will supply a set of signs for a ‘standard’ road closure free of charge
- They say that while they’ll do all they can to support the events, it is not always possible to close a road where access requirements need to be maintained, although they will discuss alternatives
- As they’re expecting lots of communities to get involved, please apply at least one month before the event
Please make sure you:
- follow the street party guidelines
- tell us about your event, if it will affect a road or pavement
- share the details of your event
Road closures (Nottingham City)
- If you live in the City of Nottingham, you need to apply through Nottingham City Council
There’s a toolkit and other ideas here: https://coronation.gov.uk/toolkit/