The A1 in Nottinghamshire is closed in both directions, between the B6387 (near Elkesley) and the A57 (near Blyth).
Friday 20 January 8 am
The A1 in Nottinghamshire is now OPEN northbound between the A638/A57 at Markham Moor and the A57 at #UpperMorton. 1 lane (of 2) will remain closed at least throughout today whilst
Emergency repairs to the burst water main continue. There are no delays.
This is due to flooding across the carriageway as a result of a burst water main.
Anglian Water are on scene and investigating.
Road users are advised to follow the solid square diversion symbols on road signs.
- Exit the A1 at the A57 Markham Moor Interchange and take the A638 north on the Great North Road through the village of Gamston and around the village of Eaton to Retford (approximately 8km).
- Once in Retford, continue along the A638 London Road, travelling over the mini roundabout at Whitehouses Road until the London Road/Arlington Way/Carolgate signalised junction.
- Turn right (north/east) onto Arlington Way and continue straight ahead through the signalised junctions at Grove Street and Spital Hill/Chapelgate, until the A638/A620 signalised junction.
- Turn left (east) onto the A620 Amcott Way and continue straight ahead at the Morrison’s signalised junction to the A638/A620 roundabout.
- Continue straight over the roundabout onto the A638 North Road in Retford and continue north-west along the A638 for approximately 13km through the villages of Barnby Moor, Ranskill and Scrooby to the A638/A614 Hawesknest Junction.
- Turn left (south-east), onto the A614 until Blyth Interchange, then rejoin the northbound A1
Road users are travelling southbound are advised to follow the solid square diversion symbols on road signs.
- Exit the A1 at Apleyhead Interchange and take the A614 south for approximately 11km to the
- Turn left (east) onto the A616 and continue to the A616/A6075
roundabout in Ollerton.
- Turn right and continue along the A616 through the villages of Ompton and Kneesall to South Muskham, an approximate distance of 12km.
- At the South Muskham mini roundabout, turn left (north) onto the B6325 and continue to the North Muskham Interchange.
- Take the third exit off the roundabout, south onto the A1.