Following a collision earlier this morning the A38 west/southbound in Derbyshire is closed between the M1 J28 and the A61 Watchorne Roundabout near Alfreton.
1:36 pm National Highways
The A38 in Derbyshire southbound between M1 J28 and A61 (Alfreton) – ROAD OPEN however 1 lane (of 2) remains closed for ongoing investigation work by police.
12:47 pm Traffic flow map
12:47 pm AA Roadwatch
Road closed and heavy traffic due to crash investigation work on A38 Southbound from M1 J28 (Alfreton / Mansfield) to B600 Nottingham Road. Police have closed the road for investigation work of an earlier accident.
Derbyshire Police are conducting an investigation into the incident.
A diversion is available (signed with a solid diamond symbol on local road signs):
- Exit the A38 at the junction with the B600 Birchwood Lane Interchange
- At the end of the slip-road turn right on to the B600 north towards Alfreton
- Continue on the B600 to the roundabout with the B6019
- Take the first exit on to the B6019 High Street
- At the traffic light controlled junction with the A61 turn left
- Follow the A61 southbound out of Alfreton to the Watchorne Roundabout
- At the roundabout take the third exit to re-join the A38
The A38 in Derbyshire is closed southbound between M1 J28 and A61 (Alfreton) for collision investigation work following a collision in the early hours of this morning.
Diversion details to follow.