Emergency services are at the scene of a three-car collision.
National Highways ｜4:28 pm
‘The A1 in Nottinghamshire is now OPEN northbound between the A620 near Retford and the A1M near Blyth.
1 lane (of 2) remains closed at this time awaiting recovery.
There’s 4 miles of congestion on approach so please allow extra time for your journey this afternoon.
Location Map ｜2:55 pm
National Highways ｜2:51 pm
The A1 in Nottinghamshire is closed northbound between the A620 (Retford) and A1(M) (Blyth) due to a multi-vehicle collision.
All emergency services including Nottinghamshire Police are in attendance. National Highways contractors will be attending to assist with traffic management.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the solid circle diversion symbol:
- Exit the A1 northbound at the A57 junction at Apleyhead
- Take the A57 westbound towards Worksop
- At the B6040 Manton Roundabout, turn left onto Worksop Bypass and continue over the roundabout at A57/B6034 Ollerton Road
- Continue north-westerly on the bypass and straight over the A57/A60 Newcastle Avenue Roundabout, Sandy Roundabout and the Shireoaks Roundabout
- At the B6041 Gateford Roundabout, turn left and continue along the A57 through the signalised junction at South Anston and Todwick roundabout
- Continue onward to the M1 J31 interchange and join the M1 northbound
- At J32, join the M18 northbound and continue onward to then re-join the A1M at J35
National Highways ｜2:49 pm
A1 now closed
National Highways ｜2:36 pm
‘Traffic has been STOPPED on the A1 northbound in Nottinghamshire between Worksop and Blyth due to a collision.
‘Emergency services are in attendance.’
AA Roadwatch 1:36 pm on Saturday 27 May:
All lanes stopped and stationary traffic due to a crash, three cars were involved on A1 Northbound between A620 Retford Road (Retford / Ranby Turn Off) and A634 Spital Road (Blyth South Junction).