Derbyshire Police and National Highways Traffic Officers are at the scene.
The M1 in Derbyshire is closed in both directions between J28 (Mansfield) and J27 (Langley Mill), due to a Derbyshire Police led incident.
Road users travelling northbound are being diverted via the hollow triangle diversion symbol:
- Exit M1 at J27 onto the A608 westbound
- Take the B600 heading north
- At the junction with the A38 Somercotes, take the A38 travelling east
- Rejoin M1 at J28
Road users travelling southbound are being diverted via the hollow square diversion symbol:
- Exit M1 at J20 onto the A38 westbound
- At the junction with Ripley, take the A610
- Continue on the A610 around Ripley and Codnor
- Rejoin the M1 at J26
There are long delays on approach to the closure in both directions. If you’re travelling on the M1 northbound, please allow an extra 30 minutes on to your journey time. If travelling southbound, please add an additional 60 minutes on to your journey on approach to J28.