Safety inspections of the tracks are required on routes that have been closed today to ensure trains can run safely.
East Midlands Railways said:
The safety inspections can only be carried out in daylight, and are expected to start from 05:00 Wednesday 20th July. Safety inspections are required on the following stretches of track:
- Kettering to London St Pancras
- Cleethorpes to Barton-on-Humber
- Peterborough to Ely
As a result, some of our routes will see a reduced train service to our morning timetable.
- There will be an hourly service between Sheffield and Leicester in both directions until 10:00.
- There will be no train service from Nottingham to London St Pancras in both directions until 10:00 .
There will be no Connect service between Corby and London St Pancras in both directions until 10:00.
EMR Regional services
- Cleethorpes and Barton-on-Humber – We expect our first train to depart Cleethorpes to Barton-on-Humber at 10:59. The first train from Barton-on-Humber to Cleethorpes will depart at 11:54.
- Liverpool Lime Street/ Nottingham/Norwich – The 07:41 will be our first train from Nottingham to Norwich. The 08:56 Norwich to Liverpool Lime Street will be out first departure from Norwich.
We expect trains on the following routes to operate as normal from start of service on Wednesday 20th July.
- Crewe / Nottingham / Newark Castle
- Derby and Matlock
- Nottingham / Mansfield / Worksop
- Newark Northgate and Lincoln
- Leicester / Lincoln / Grimsby
- Nottingham and Skegness