0.7 C
West Bridgford
Friday, 16 April 2021

Match report: Nottingham Forest 0 – 0 QPR


Nottingham Forest’s promotion hopes were dealt a blow as they were held to a goalless draw by Queens Park Rangers at The City Ground.

Nottingham Forest 0 – 0 QPR

Forest saw a goal ruled out early on as Joe Worrall’s bullet header from a corner was chalked off by the assistant referee’s flag and The Reds were unable to break down a stubborn rearguard action from Mark Warburton’s side as they were frustrated at home once again.

1 1

Sabri Lamouchi was forced into one change from the side that drew 2-2 at West Bromwich Albion last weekend as the injured Samba Sow was replaced by Adama Diakhaby in the starting line-up.

Nottingham Forest 0 - 0 QPR

Forest thought they had the opening goal on 12 minutes when Worrall headed home an in-swinging corner from Joe Lolley. The Reds’ players wheeled away in celebration but their joy was cut shot as the assistant referee ruled the ball was moving as Lolley ran up to take the corner and the goal was disallowed.

That disappointment didn’t knock Forest out of their stride and Rangers goalkeeper Liam Kelly produced a fine save to deny Sammy Ameobi’s piledriver from the edge of the penalty area before Lewis Grabban fired a shot over the crossbar from a similar position.

Nottingham Forest 0 - 0 QPR

Forest continued to knock on the QPR door in search of the opening goal and Diakhaby saw a powerful drive blocked inside the Rangers penalty area before Tiago Silva’s wind-assisted corner from the left bounced off the top of Kelly’s crossbar and out of play.

Brice Samba had to be alert in the opening moments of the second half to push away a close-range effort from Ryan Manning before The Reds went up the other end and Matty Cash’s teasing cross was glanced wide of the far post by Grabban.

Nottingham Forest 0 - 0 QPR

Lamouchi made two changes to the side after the hour mark as Ryan Yates and Alex Mighten replaced Ameobi and Diakhaby respectively. Forest had almost made the breakthrough shortly before Mighten’s introduction but Diakhaby and Silva both saw shots blocked away from inside the Rangers six-yard box.

The last kick of the game almost saw Forest steal all three points as Lolley powered a header towards goal from Yuri Ribeiro’s terrific right-wing cross but the ball fell inches wide of the post as the game ended in stalemate.

Forest: Samba; Cash, Figueiredo, Worrall, Ribeiro; Watson (c), Silva (Carvalho 77′); Ameobi (Yates 60′), Lolley, Diakhaby (Mighten 71′); Grabban

Subs not used: Muric, Jenkinson, Dawson, Walker

Booking: Diakhaby 54′

QPR: Kelly; Rangel, Hall, Barbet, Manning; Ball, Cameron, Osayi-Samuel; Eze (Amos 87′), Pugh (Chair 75′), Hugill

Subs not used: Lumley, Kane, Oteh, Masterson, Clarke

Bookings: Rangel 63′, Hugill 76′, Osayi-Samuel 90′

Referee: Robert Jones

Attendance: 28,750 (1,459 away)