Nottingham’s tram were affected but are now running with delays.
In an update at 09: 30 NET said:
‘We are now running through to all destinations with delays. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.’
Nottingham Express Transit announced the delays at 9 am.
‘We have no service between The Forest and Old Market Square, affecting all services. NCT Yellow 68 and 69 Buses are accepting our tickets and passes. The NCT bus stops are located at:
• Bulwell-Bulwell Bus station-68, 69, 70, 71
• Cinderhill-Cinderhill Road/Headstocks Pub-70, 71
• Highbury Vale-Catchems Corner/Vernon Road-68, 69
• David Lane-Basford Crossings/Vernon Road-68, 69
• Basford-Nottingham Road/Vernon Road-68, 69
• The Forest-The Forest Recreation Ground/Mansfield Road-68, 69
• Old Market Square-The Victoria Shopping Centre/Mansfield Road-68, 69, 70, 71
‘Customers travelling northbound towards Hucknall or Phoenix Park beyond Old Market Square can use the bus located at the Victoria Centre on Mansfield road near to TK Maxx.
‘Heading northbound, the bus stops within 0.7 miles of the Forest Tram Stop. Using the 68 or 69, the next stops are located at Basford or David Lane which will then enable you to continue your journey by tram to Phoenix Park, Hucknall or southbound towards The Forest.
‘The best option for customers travelling Southbound beyond the Forest towards Toton Lane or Clifton South would be to alight the tram at Basford or David Lane and get the bus towards Nottingham City Centre.
‘The Royal Centre, Nottingham Trent University and High School are not accessible by bus, but will be a short to medium walk from either The Forest or Old Market Square.’