Men jailed for more than 25 years combined after violent robbery in Clifton

Nottingham Crown Court

Two violent robbers who threatened to cut off a man’s finger unless he told them where about £12,500 was stored in his house have been locked up.

Harrison Delbuono, 21, formerly of Oak Acres, Chilwell, pleaded guilty to robbery and Ousama Bounaceur, 22, formerly of Baslow Drive, Nottingham, was found guilty of robbery after a four day trial.

Bounaceur was jailed for 15 years and Delbuono was jailed for 10 years and nine months when they appeared at Nottingham Crown Court today (Thursday 15 June 2017).

banner ad

A third defendant, Alexandra Hunter, 25, formerly of Oak Acres, Chilwell, pleaded guilty to money laundering. She was handed a four-month prison term, suspended for 12 months.

Delbuono and Bounaceur went to the victim’s address in Clifton, on 22 June 2016, with another man and when the victim opened the door they pushed their way in. Over the next 10 minutes they repeatedly punched, kicked and dragged the man around the house and he was also stabbed in the arm.

READ NEXT:  Chatsworth re-opens after decade-long £32m restoration

Throughout the assault they asked the victim where the money was but he refused. Two of the men grabbed hold of the victim’s arm and held it out while the other robber started to cut into the victim’s little finger, threatening to cut it off if he didn’t tell them where the money was.

At that point he told them where it was and they took the holdall containing the cash along with the victim’s keys after locking him inside his home. The stolen cash was intended for use in his business.

Nottingham Crown Court heard that the victim was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre. He needed stitches for the stab wound to his arm and the deep cut across his finger and also suffered cuts and bruises to his face and body.

The van used by the defendants was identified after CCTV enquiries and later found outside a Nottingham address. Delbuono and Bounaceur were linked to the vehicle through forensic evidence.

Bounaceur’s fingerprint was also found on one of the bundles of cash recovered from the footwell of the van.

The court heard that a day after the offence was committed, £1,000 in cash was paid into Hunter’s bank account. A financial investigation was conducted which found this deposit was unusual and not consistent with her lifestyle. It was further established that Delbuono and Hunter went on a trip to Skegness a day after the robbery.

READ NEXT:  M1 serious collision: Road closed southbound at J27

An analysis of mobile phone data in the investigation also linked the defendants together.

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Sergeant Daniel Johnstone said: “This gang subjected the victim to an extremely violent and frightening ordeal and I hope the fact the defendants have now been jailed will serve as some justice and comfort to him.

“I’d also like to commend the excellent work of Detective Constable James Hirst, as the officer in the case, who worked tirelessly to bring these individuals to justice.”