6 C
West Bridgford
Friday, 27 November 2020

Updated: More Nottinghamshire schools confirm coronavirus cases

All schools remain open.

PUBLISHED

1 1 1
1
wb wire uchi takeaway ad 2

Over 30 schools across Nottinghamshire have confirmed coronavirus cases.

Joseph Whitaker in Rainworth

Tuxford Academy, Newark

1 2
wb wire uchi takeaway ad 2
banner ad

Scotholme Primary and Nursery School, Hyson Green

The Chetwynd Primary Academy, Toton

Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Catholic Primary School in Bulwell

St Peter’s Ruddington 

Chetwynd Primary Academy,  Toton

Glade Hill Primary

Redgate Primary Academy, Mansfield

Nottingham University Samworth Academy

Portland Spencer Academy

Rushcliffe School in West Bridgford – more here

Oak Tree Primary and Nursery School in Mansfield  – two cases

Langwith Bassett Junior School

The Minster School Southwell

Greenfields Community School in the Meadows

Heathfield School in Nottingham

Friesland School

Leen Mills Primary School

Headteacher Russell Tew said: “We’ve been pleased to welcome back all our children for the autumn term.

“Everyone here has worked hard to make sure everything was ready for them to return.

“We have now had a confirmed case and have sent a bubble home, in line with government guidance. Parents and carers have been informed, and we will ensure that our students can access education remotely while they are away from the school.

“We will continue to work with Public Health England and Nottinghamshire County Council to keep our children and families safe.

“We will of course strictly follow all the guidelines to help stop the virus spreading.”


Nottingham Primary Academy
in Sneinton closed to year six pupils

Carlton le Willows Academy 

The school said:

‘Years 8, 9, 10 and 12 should not attend school tomorrow (Wednesday 16th) while we review our staffing arrangements, in light of a staff member testing positive for the virus.

‘Staff will be setting work through Microsoft Teams for the affected year groups, and we ask for your patience as the work is added through the day.

‘The Academy will remain open as normal for students in years 7, 11 and 13.’

Arnold Hill Academy reports one confirmed case.

Rosslyn Park Primary in Aspley reports a member of staff testing positive

Head teacher S Mason said:

‘A member of staff assigned to the Year 3 bubble has tested positive for Covid-19. As a result the full Year 3 bubble will be required to self-isolate until Saturday 26th September in line with government guidance.

‘The remainder of the school is open. The School has been preparing for this and remind all parents that their child should still come to school unless asked to self-isolate. We continue to work closely with Public Health England.’

Alderman White School in Bramcote reports a student testing positive.

The school said in a statment:

‘Further to my emails at the end of last week, I am writing to let you know that a student in Year 7 has tested positive for COVID-19. The student last attended school on Wednesday 9th September.

‘The students who have been in close contact with this student have not attended school since Thursday 10th September, and on the advice of the East Midlands Health Protection Team they have now been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.

‘The school remains open and your child should continue to attend if they are well.

‘We know that you may find this concerning but are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child.’

Bluecoat Academy Wollaton reports one positive case

Hall Park Academy in Mansfield Road, Eastwood
A statement states: “We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 within the school.

“We know that you may find this concerning but we are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England.

“This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child.

“Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (Covid-19) will be a mild illness.

“The small number of children who have been in direct prolonged contact with the confirmed case will have received an individual letter and will be staying at home until Monday 21st September.

“The school remains open and your child should continue to attend if they remain well.”

 


The South Wolds Academy and Sixth Form in Keyworth
confirmed one positive student case  on Monday 14 September

The Elizabethan Academy in Retford recorded cases on 12 September.

The school said:

‘We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.

‘We know that you may find this concerning but are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child. Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.’

‘The small number of children who have been in direct prolonged contact with the confirmed case will have received an individual letter and will be staying at home for 14 days.

‘The school remains open and your child should continue to attend if they remain well.’

Berry Hill Primary School in Mansfield – two pupils test positive.

Carr Hill Primary School Retford – at least one pupil tests positive.

Lowe’s Wong Anglican Methodist Junior School in Southwell – One case positive.

Heymann Primary School declined to comment when contacted by The Wire. There are two cases at the school confirmed by PHE and two classes are self-isolating for 14 days.

Holgate Primary in Hucknall said:

‘We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.’

Glenbrook Primary School in Bilborough said: “We have spoken with Public Health England who have advised us that within the 48 hours prior to the member of staff being symptomatic they have not had ‘direct contact’ with your children because they were not teaching.

“However, as a precautionary measure, for the safety of your children, we have taken the decision to close the EYFS unit until at least Monday, September 14.

“This will allow us to deep clean the unit.”

Robert Shaw Primary and Nursery School in Nottingham has cases:

The school said:

‘A member of staff assigned to a Year 5 bubble has tested positive for COVID-19.

‘Having looked closely at the 14-day self-isolation period, in this instance the affected Year 5 class will be required to self-isolate until Monday, 21st September 2020 in line with government guidance.

‘The remainder of the school is open. The school have been preparing for this, and remind all parents that their children should still come to school unless asked to self-isolate.  We continue to work closely with Public Health England.’

 

In addition members of staff at Mellers Primary School in Radford, Robert Miles Junior School in Bingham and Trowell C of E Primary School, have tested positive for the virus and  the affected students are self-isolating.

A Department for Education spokesperson said: “The very small number of schools that are asking some or all of their pupils to remain at home are following our clear published process following a positive case being confirmed in a school

“If a positive case is confirmed, swift action will be taken to ask those who have been in close contact with them to self-isolate, and Public Health England’s local health protections teams are standing ready to support and advise schools in this situation. Children who are self-isolating will continue to receive remote education from home.

“We will continue to work with schools to ensure all appropriate steps are taken to keep pupils and staff safe.”