Wednesday 21 February 2024
9.3 C
Nottingham

Murder investigation: Detectives granted more time to question suspects

Detectives investigating a fatal stabbing have been granted a court extension to continue questioning two suspects.

A murder investigation was launched on Wednesday (10 August 2022) after Darren Davis was attacked in Radford Boulevard, Radford.

The fatal assault happened at around 3.45pm that day, with Mr Davis, 46, tragically dying in hospital shortly afterwards.

Police have today (15 August) been granted extra time to question two men, aged 41 and 34, who were previously arrested on suspicion of murder.

Detectives have been working tirelessly on the investigation since the attack and arrested a 47-year-old man on suspicion of murder yesterday (14 August).

- Advertisement -

All three suspects remain in custody as enquiries continue.

Officers have today once again called for anyone with CCTV or dash-cam footage from Radford Boulevard and/or Ilkeston Road between 3.30pm and 5.30pm on 10 August to come forward.

Detective Inspector Melanie Crutchley, who is leading the investigation, said: “I’d to like to reassure Darren’s family that we’re getting closer to establishing exactly what happened to him and getting them the justice they deserve.

“What happened to Darren was a tragedy and we’re absolutely determined to ensure whoever was responsible faces the supreme consequences of their actions.

“We have a team of highly-skilled detectives working day and night to get to the bottom of this and are pleased to say that we’ve now been granted further time to question two of the suspects we currently have in custody.

“This is very much an active investigation, so I’d like to once again appeal to anyone who was in the Radford Boulevard and Ilkeston Road area when this offence took place to get in touch with us.

“Any information passed on to us will be treated in the strictest confidence and could ultimately make the difference in bringing those responsible for Darren’s murder to justice.

“We’d also like to hear from anyone who has CCTV, mobile phone, dash-cam or doorbell-cam footage regarding the incident.

“It’s been said before but any piece of footage from the surrounding area, even something that might seem small and insignificant, really could turn out to be the crucial evidence we need to unlock the truth.”

A 31-year-old man previously arrested on suspicion of murder has been released under investigation as the investigation continues.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting incident 481 of 10 August 2022, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

A portal has also been set up for anyone with information, pictures or video footage which may help the investigation. This can be submitted here: Public Portal (mipp.police.uk)

•  Pictures: Brand new cycle route opens in West Bridgford

•  Police divers search for man missing in River Trent

Get one email every day with all the stories. Sign up to our daily newsletter here

Categories:
 

Latest