Police say that nine different roads in Lady Bay and West Bridgford have been targeted by thieves breaking in to sheds and outhouses.
A number of properties around the West Bridgford area have been victim to break-ins. These include outhouses such as sheds and garages.
A number of items have been taken including bicycles, tools, electronic devices and jewellery items.
West Bridgford Police said:
‘The streets targeted are; Trent Boulevard, Radcliffe Road, Waltham Close, Cranford Gardens, Violet Road, Gertrude Road, Repton Road, Melton Road and Julian Road.
‘In light of these incidents we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
• Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
• Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
• If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
• Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
• Register your property for free on the national property database https://crowd.in/3I3jQp Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
• Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
• Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
• Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.’