Pictures of the A52 Clifton Bridge.
Pictures taken on 12 February 2020 as the bridge remains closed to traffic.
The scaffold and barriers underneath the bridge are part of the remedial works that were already being undertaken by Balfour – Highways Agency engineers are working on the bridge, but can’t be seen in the images.
The bridge remains closed as below, though efforts were made yesterday to open one lane during late evening, but barrier installation problems made that impossible.
The A52 Clifton Bridge in Nottinghamshire is closed eastbound within the junction of the A453 junction at Queens Drive Interchange. Repair teams are carrying out investigation work into damaged steel underneath the road, prompting the closure of the eastbound carriageway. In addition to the eastbound carriageway closure, lane 2 will be closed westbound heading into Nottingham, and the A52 eastbound entry slip from the A6005 near Queen’s Medical Centre is also closed.
The diversion route for the eastbound closure is as follows:
– From the A52 Queens Drive Interchange, take the exit onto the A453 towards the City Centre.
– Follow the A453 until at the junction with A6019, and then turn right onto the A6019 Waterway Street.
– Continue on the A6019, turning left onto Sheriffs Way, then right onto Queens Road.
– At the T junction, turn right onto the A60, crossing the River Trent.
– At the junction with Melton Road, take the left fork onto the A606 through West Bridgford, to rejoin the eastbound A52 at Wheatcroft Island.
Traffic wishing to reach the A52 (Grantham) from the M1 southbound J25 should remain on the M1 to J24, then at the roundabout take the first exit onto the A453 northbound. Continue on the A453 northbound, past Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station, to the junction with the A52, then follow hard signs for the A52 (Grantham).