Police lead the response to the ongoing incident and have closed the carriageway to allow them to work at scene.
National Highways have resources in attendance to assist with traffic management.
Due to the nature of this incident we are not able to advise how long the closure is likely to remain in place.
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra time for your journey.
Road users are advised to follow the solid diamond diversion symbols on road signs.
- Exit the A38(T) at Little Eaton roundabout onto the A61 south and follow for 3.5km.
- At the roundabout junction (Pentagon Island) with the A52, turn left (east onto the A52 Chequers Road toward Nottingham).
- Follow the A52 for 2.75km then turn right (south) onto the A5111(T) and continue for 2km.
- Turn left onto the A6(T) Alvaston Bypass and continue to the junction with the A50(T).
- Turn right onto the A50(T) (west) for 12km, then at Toyota Island, rejoin the A38(T)