Damage to overhead electric wires at Luton between Luton and Luton Airport Parkway is disrupting trains on the Sheffield/Nottingham/London routes.
Network Rail have engineers on site investigating the problem.
Some trains on the routes will be delayed by 15-20 minutes in the London direction between Luton and London St Pancras
There is no estimate of when the lines will fully reopen or when normal service will resume.
The following amended timetable is in place whilst the disruption continues:
- Trains between London St Pancras & Corby will be suspended.
Additional to this some trains on the route may be subject to late notice alterations or cancellations.
- 0802 London St Pancras to Sheffield will be terminated at Derby
- 1025 Sheffield to London St Pancras will be restarted at Derby
East Midlands Trains said:
‘You should continue to travel as originally planned however your journey may be delayed by up to 30 minutes. We are sorry for the delay to your journey today.
‘Our trains are likely to experience extended delays or alterations. You should use alternative routes which will be most comfortable and quickest way to get where you need to be. You may travel via the following alternative routes:
- Sheffield: You may travel to Doncaster where you should change for a train to London Kings Cross
- Derby/Chesterfield: You may travel to Birmingham New Street & Tamworth where you should change for a train to London Euston