There is a fault with the barriers at a level crossing at Three Horse Shoes between Peterborough and Ely and is disrupting trains on the Liverpool/Nottingham/Norwich route.
Network Rail Engineers have completed repairs to the level crossing and reopened the line.
All trains are now able to run again. 4:15pm
The line has now fully reopened however East Midlands Trains are working to recover our advertised timetable, the following trains will be altered or cancelled:
• 1257 Norwich to Liverpool Lime Street will be terminated at Nottingham
• 1547 Nottingham to Liverpool Lime Street additional train
• 1357 Norwich to Liverpool Lime Street will be terminated at Nottingham
• 1647 Nottingham to Liverpool Lime Street additional train with a late start expected of up to 15 minutes delay.
• 1649 Nottingham to Derby will be cancelled.