Passengers are warned of major disruption on the rail services next week.
- EMR unable to run any services on Saturday, February 3 due to industrial action by the ASLEF union
- Strikes are part of a programme of industrial action affecting 18 train companies between Monday, 29 January and Tuesday, 6 February.
- Sunday, 4 February no EMR Connect services will operate and engineering works will affect some EMR Regional and Intercity routes
East Midlands Railway (EMR) will not be able to run any services on Saturday, February 3, due to industrial action by the train drivers’ union ASLEF.
The strike action is part of a programme of industrial action affecting 18 train companies between Monday, 29 January and Tuesday, 6 February.
This staggered approach by the union aims to create wide-ranging disruption and cancellations across the network – affecting different train operators on different days.
As a result, EMR services will be busy throughout the industrial action. Customers are advised to check EMR’s website and understand how their full journey is impacted before travelling – especially due to strike action impacting different train operators on different days.
Will Rogers, Managing Director of East Midlands Railway, said: “This approach from the ASLEF union means different parts of the network and different train operating companies are affected at different times. Unfortunately, this will mean customers could be impacted by a complicated period of possible delays and disruption.
“We cannot run any services on Saturday, February 3 – while our services will also be busy on either side of this day.
“Customers are advised to check our website to understand how their whole journey is affected before setting off and can expect possible disruption or late notice cancellations.”
Strike action’s impact on services
- Saturday, 29 January to Friday, 2 FebruaryAn overtime ban will be in place between There will be possible short notice cancellations and service alterations. We advise you to check the website for updates.
- Saturday, 3 FebruaryDo not attempt to travel. No EMR services will run.
- Sunday, 4 February
On Sunday 4 February, there will be no EMR Connect services running. No rail replacement bus services will be provided.There are also several changes to our planned timetable across our Regional and Intercity routes due to engineering works. Resulting in extended journey times and busy services. Please check your full journey before travelling.
- Monday, 5 February to Tuesday, 6 February
An overtime ban will be in place between There will be possible short notice cancellations and service alterations. We advise you to check the website for updates.