A peaceful waterside location, green open spaces and contemporary Scandinavian designs, have influenced the interiors of Trent Basin’s recently opened show home.
The river-fronting show home has been designed by talented designer, Laura Manning from Territory Design. The three-storey, three-bedroom home boasts stunning interiors throughout, giving homebuyers a sense of the relaxed lifestyle on offer at this popular waterside development.
Drawing inspiration from the Scandinavian architecture at Trent Basin and the prominent riverside location, Laura has used warm tones, textural layers and a mix of natural and industrial materials to create a visual link from the outside through to the inside of the house. Its laidback style has broad appeal, helping potential buyers to imagine what it’s like to live in the home.
As visitors’ step into the open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area, they are greeted by earthy tonal colours which provide a backdrop of contemporary style, combined with comfort and cosy living. Little touches such as botanical artwork above the three-piece sofa link to the green outdoor space, while the wooden bleached oak Chevron flooring builds on the elements of natural materials. Semi sheer curtains drape down in front of the window, offering privacy but still allowing natural light to flood the room.
Moving upstairs, a palette of slate green, terracotta, warm creams and shades of grey decorate the walls and interior. The innovative Winter Garden, with windows spanning the entire first floor, maximises the views of the River Trent and West Bridgford. Classic furniture pieces have a handmade, artistic feel and combine a mixture of metal, bamboo, wood and glass to further emphasise the use of natural materials.
Special attention has been made to demonstrate the versatility of the third bedroom, which is dressed as a second living area. Bespoke cushions and curtains provide a homely feel while modern and artistic accessories bring individuality to the room – a unique record player sits on a green side table waiting to be played, while records perfectly line a shelf in the corner.
The master bedroom sits on the second floor and provides panoramic views of the development from the unique roof terrace and a floor-length window. Stylish geometric prints and industrial inspired furniture perfectly complement the pale pink colour scheme. Luxurious soft furnishings, including an ottoman and velvet curtains, bespoke from Drapes UK ltd, provide an immediate feeling of comfort.
Head of Show Home Design and Planning at Territory Interior Design, Laura Manning said: “The new riverside show home showcases the versatile modern living at Trent Basin. It is unlike any of the previous homes and it was important to create a scheme which represents the new style of property, with attention to the spacious rooms, outdoor features and picturesque waterfront location.
“The interior design has been inspired by sustainable ethos behind the development and conveys a feeling of nature, sustainability and wellbeing. All the homes at Trent Basin boast large windows to maximise natural light and provide views which make the most of the natural environment, particularly the waterfront. The colour schemes link with the outdoor with a palette of fresh neutrals accented with a range of warm, earthy tones inspired by the river views and surrounding green places.”
The show home is now open to view Thursday 6pm to 8pm and Saturday 1pm to 4pm. Trent Basin currently offers a selection of two, three- and four-bedroom homes, with prices starting from £223,000. More information about the homes can be found at the website www.trentbasin.co.uk or by contacting agents FHP Living on 0115 841 1155 or Royston & Lund on 0115 981 1888.
Create the Show Home Look
- Sofa and armchairs – Hampstead all-weather bench, £290 and Hampstead set of 2 armchairs, £480 from www.gardentrading.co.uk
- Drinks trolley – Steel drinks trolley, £95 from www.gardentrading.co.uk
- Coffee table – Copacabana black resin and glass garden coffee table, £54.50 from www.maisonsdumonde.com
- Shelving – Grey Lacko shelving unit, £45 from www.ikea.com
- Rug – Tom Tailor garden leaf indoor/outdoor rug, £61.99 from www.wayfair.co.uk
- Bedside lamps – Tangle Table Lamp in Matt Black, Antique Brass and Smoke Glass, £69 each from www.made.com
- Ottoman – bespoke made from www.allsofas.co.uk, fabric Studio G Nusa in Charcoal
- Cushions – bespoke made from https://www.drapes-uk.com/, fabrics are Romo Fabrics Forenza Abelia (blush pink) and Clarke and Clarke Palais Coral (terracotta)
- Ceiling light – Dar Lighting Alana 6 light Semi Flush Pendant in Black, £74.99 from www.oceanlighting.co.uk
- Walls – Dulux trade diamond matt finish code 70YR 66/070
Upstairs lounge (third bedroom)
- Desk – Roscoe oak desk, £236 from www.habitat.co.uk
- Tv unit – Tyler unit in black with ash doors, £295 from www.habitat.co.uk
- Side table (for record player) – AM.PM side table steel in Khaki, £139 from www.laredoute.co.uk
- Table lamp – Nordlux Grant table lamp in black, £72 from www.lampsy.com
- Side table – Listerby side table in white stained oak, £65 from www.ikea.com
- Record player – Christow Revinyl Briefcase Record Player, £39.99 from www.amazon.co.uk
- Desk chair – Heather dining chair in Burnt Orange, £109 from www.cultfurniture.com
- Walls – Dulux trade diamond matt paint code 30GG 16/137
Lounge and kitchen/ diner
- Sofa – bespoke made from www.allsofas.co.uk, fabric in Warwick Amatheon linen.
- Artwork above sofa – Cassia Beck leaf print botanical art and plant print botanical art prints, £13 from www.etsy.com
- Pendant light – Nordlux Strap 36 pendant, black with leather strap, £149 from www.lampsy.com
- Flooring – Oak chevron engineered wood flooring, £47 per sq metre from www.woodandbeyond.com
- Walls – Dulux trade diamond matt code 90GY 29/12t