trentbarton has announced its bus services for Christmas 2021 and over the New Year.
Jeff Counsell, managing director at trentbarton, said: “Around Christmas and New Year our customers will need to travel for celebrating with family and friends, as well as for work and for shopping, so we will provide an ample service.
“And to help patients and health workers get to Derby Royal Infirmary our royal derby service will continue to provide its vital service.
“I would like to thank our wonderful drivers and our support teams for being there for our customers when they need them, all through 2021 and into 2022.”
The festive season’s changes begin on Christmas Eve, with the last departures leaving at around 6pm. All journeys will still be run by royal derby, with the last service leaving the Royal Derby Hospital at 9.20pm.
There will be no services on Christmas Day. On Boxing Day only skylink Nottingham and skylink Derby will run a Sunday service.
New Year’s Eve on Friday 31 December will see a Saturday service across the network with last departures around 6pm. royal derby will again run a normal weekday timetable.
Full details are at: trentbarton.co.uk/christmas2021
The key points are:
- Christmas Eve, Friday 24th December: a normal Friday service until last buses departing around 6pm plus a normal weekday service on royal derby
- Christmas Day, Saturday 25th: no services
- Boxing Day, Sunday 26th: no services, except for skylink Derby and skylink Nottingham
- Monday 27th: a Sunday service, with indigo and red arrow services starting between 5am and 6am
- Tuesday 28th: a Sunday service
- Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th: a Saturday service until midnight plus a normal weekday service on royal derby
- New Year’s Eve, Friday 31st: a Saturday service with last buses departing around 6pm plus a normal weekday service on royal derby
- New Year’s Day, Saturday 1st January: no services
- Sunday 2nd: a Sunday service, with indigo and red arrow services starting between 5am and 6am
- Monday 3rd: buses are back to normal
Jeff said: “Everyone at trentbarton wishes all our customers a happy, peaceful and enjoyable Christmas and New Year.”