On Friday evening Rushcliffe South neighbourhood team officers attended the Cropwell Bishop area after reports from the public regarding a vehicle seen to be driving on its wheel rims.
Officers located the offending vehicle and driver on Langar Road.
The driver was subsequently arrested for driving whilst unfit through alcohol and for failing to provide a sample of breath at the roadside.
Further enquiries were conducted, and it was established the driver had taken the vehicle without the owners consent and was not insured to drive the vehicle.
The driver, from Melton Mowbray, was charged with the following offences:
1. Failing to cooperate with a preliminary test
2. Driving without third-party insurance
3. Driving whilst unfit through drink
4. Taking a vehicle without consent
5. Driving a vehicle on a road without due care and attention
6. Failing to provide a specimen for analysis