The Met Office has issued this weather warning for Nottinghamshire.
The warning, which is in place from 11 am until 10 pm on Tuesday 9 May states:
‘Heavy showers and thunderstorms will develop through Tuesday, some becoming slow moving across more southern and eastern parts of England during the afternoon and evening.
‘A few places could see 20 mm of rain within an hour and possibly 30-40 mm in 2-3 hours, along with lightning and hail.’
What to expect
- There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses possible, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Delays to train services are possible
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible