The Met Office says that thunderstorms are likely across the area today 11th July.
Thunderstorms are likely to develop over parts of the Midlands and East Anglia today with some disruption to power and transport possible.
A spokesperson said:
Whilst many areas will be dry today some thunderstorms are expected to develop during the afternoon. These will gradually die out from the west during the evening though a few may persist into the night over the East Midlands and into East Anglia. Rainfall accumulations of 10-15 mm in 1-2 hours are likely for some spots though most places will be dry or see very little rainfall.
What to expect
- There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus
- Delays to train services are possible
- Some short term loss of power and other services is likely
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses likely, leading to some damage to buildings or structures