Rushcliffe residents remaining in the Borough for the Bank Holiday weekend can enjoy free sights and sounds of the seaside in West Bridgford, with Punch and Judy shows, caricaturists, sandsculpting workshop, circus skills and chance to enjoy a pop-up picnic site.
Courtesy of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the project is among events aimed at encouraging residents to safely re-visit their high streets following COVID-19 restrictions.
Saturday August 28
- West Bridgford Farmers’ Market, Croquet Lawn, Central Avenue NG2 5GS, 9am-2pm.
- Aerial performances, circus skills and hoop workshops performed by Circus Hub, adjacent to Soothe, Melton Road, NG2 6ET, 9am-2pm.
Sunday August 29
- Sandsculpting workshop – have a go at sculpting your own sand art, Croquet Lawn, Central Avenue, NG2 5GS, 11am-4pm.
- Pop-up picnic benches on Croquet Lawn to enjoy a drink or bite to eat from one of the brilliant local businesses or bring your own.
Monday August 30 – all on the Croquet Lawn, Central Avenue, NG2 5GS
- Punch and Judy shows, performances at 11am, 1pm and 2pm.
- Caricature artists – come and have a free portrait sketched in a comic way for you to take home – 11am-4pm.
- Pop-up picnic benches to enjoy a drink or bite to eat from one of the brilliant local businesses or bring your own.
The Council’s Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Communities and Climate Change Cllr Abby Brennan said: “We know so many families and individuals are enjoying the best of British this summer as many holiday in the UK, so we thought why not bring some free sights and sounds of the seaside to West Bridgford this Bank Holiday Weekend.
“The three days promise to give those young and old some fun free activities to enjoy whether it’s passing by to enjoy a spectacle or show or sitting down and enjoying a picnic in one of our wonderful open spaces.
“Come and enjoy part of your weekend in West Bridgford and enjoy features that will be the buzz of the Bank Holiday in the town centre.”