Nottinghamshire Police is urging homeowners to be vigilant after five burglaries yesterday (Friday 10 January 2020) which targeted family gold jewellery.
Our enquiries into the burglaries are ongoing and we are currently treating them as linked.
The burglaries happened between 1.30 pm and 8.40 pm at properties on Waltham Close and Cranford Gardens in West Bridgford, Lilac Crescent in Beeston Rylands and Normanby Road in Wollaton.
Burglars stole or attempted to steal jewellery from the attacked addresses.
Detective Inspector Kayne Rukas, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “Our investigations into these burglaries are ongoing and we are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry.
“I’d like to reassure members of the public that we are working hard to identify the suspects responsibly and bring them to justice.
“We want everyone to feel safe in their own homes with minimal risk to their valuables. We’re urging people to follow our advice (as below) to help protect their homes from potential burglars and to keep their valuables safe.
“We’d also urge anyone who has any information about these burglaries to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 and also for people to report any suspicious activity in their area to us as soon as possible.”
* Whether you are out or at home, make sure you keep your doors and windows locked
* When you are not wearing your jewellery keep it safe and out of sight
* Invest in a concealed safe or hire a security box from a reputable high street bank or security company
* Invest in a burglar alarm and remember to turn it on
* Insure your jewellery and keep your policies up-to-date
* Photograph your jewellery and register it online at www.immobilise.com to help improve the chances of being reunited with your jewellery if it is lost or stolen
* Security mark your jewellery using products like Smartwater and SelectaDNA
* Be discreet with jewellery in public places
If you see anything suspicious, please do not hesitate to contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.