Nottingham and West Bridgford agents FHPLiving look forward to the property market in 2017 – and make their predictions.
Director of FHPLiving West Bridgford Ian Marriott said,
Strong November sales outweigh uncertainty as Rightmove forecasts 2% rise in 2017
• Price of property coming to market falls by 2.1% (-£6,51 1), exactly in line with seasonal average of last six years
• Rightmove forecasts 2% house price increase in 2017, the seventh consecutive year of rising prices:
• Buoyant November indicates upwards price pressure going into next year, though tempered by ongoing uncertainty and increasingly stretched buyer affordability
• Demand up in November 2016 compared to 2015: website visits up by 9%; sales agreed up 5.2% nationally and up in all regions except London
• Supply still tight with new listing numbers up by just 2%, and available stock for sale per agent down 5%