The A50 westbound in Leicestershire between the M1/A453 at J24 and the M1 J24A is closed due to an overturned vehicle.
Traffic Officers and Emergency services are in attendance.
Road users are advised to follow the Hollow Circle diversion symbol on road signs
- From the M1 J24 continue northbound on the M1 to J25.
- Exit the M1 at J25 and take the first exit west onto the A52.
- Continue along the A52 westbound to the A5111.
- Take the slip road onto the A5111 which leads to the A6 Alvaston Bypass.
- Follow the A6 until it joins the A50 and then re-join the A50.
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.