The A38 in Derbyshire is closed northbound between the A610 (Hartshay Interchange) and the A61 (Watchorn Roundabout) due to a serious multi-vehicle collision.
Emergency services including Derbyshire Police are among the emergency services in attendance. National Highways Traffic Officers are also assisting with traffic management on scene.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the solid circle diversion symbol.
- Exit the A38 at Ripley junction onto the A610 heading west (left) for 1 mile
- Turn right at the signalised junction and continue on the B6013 for 2.7 miles
- Turn right at the signalised junction at Oakerthorpe, onto the A615 (east) for 1.2 miles
- Turn right at the signalised junction onto the A61 (south) and rejoin the northbound A38 at the roundabout
Heavy goods vehicles
- Exit the A38 at the Ripley junction onto the A610 & head east (right) for 10 miles
- At the M1 Junction 26, take the northbound exit and continue to M1 Junction 28 to rejoin the A38