East Midlands Railway (EMR) has introduced a new cycle reservation system – making it faster and simpler for customers to book a bike space on its trains.
• New cycling reservation system allows customers to quickly book space
• Customers can now book cycling reservation at same time as buying ticket
• System introduced following customer feedback
Following a consultation with customers, EMR identified that a significant improvement could be made by integrating the ticket buying and cycle reservation systems together.
As well as booking a bike space, the new system also allows the customer to see if there are spaces available on a specific train and lets them know how many are still available.
Neil Grabham, Customer Services Director at East Midlands Railway, said: ” As part of our commitment to sustainability, we want to make it as easy as possible for customers to safely take their bike on our train services.
“This new system makes booking a bike space much quicker and is already proving popular with our customers.”
Cycle reservations are essential for the following EMR routes:
Services to and from London (except on Connect trains from Corby – London St Pancras)
Services between Liverpool and Norwich (During summer months, June – September, there is limited availability)
EMR Connect trains from Corby to London do not have dedicated cycle storage spaces. Full-size bikes are not permitted on EMR Connect trains arriving into London St Pancras International before 10:00 or departing between 16:00 and 19:00 on weekdays.
Customers can travel with their full-size bike, outside of these times, but it must be stored in the vestibule area and customers should stay with it throughout your journey. Folding bikes are welcomed at any time, but must stay folded and stowed safely throughout the journey.
• CCTV image released after handbag stolen inside Nottingham nightclub
• Colwick Loop Road ‘not a race track’ say police after collision
• Investigation launched after three fire crews called to flat fire in Nottingham