The M1 in South Yorkshire is closed southbound between J35 (Rotherham) and J34 (Sheffield) due to a serious multi-vehicle collision.
All emergency services including South Yorkshire Police are in attendance. National Highways Traffic Officers are also assisting with traffic management.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the solid square diversion symbol:
- Driving South, exit the M1 Motorway using Junction 35 offslip road and proceed to the end of the slip road.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A629 (Upper Wortley Road) and proceed along this road for approximately 4 miles to the roundabout with A6109.
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto A6109 (Wilton Gardens Road) and proceed along this road for approximately 2 miles to the roundabout (M1 Junction 34 North) with the A631.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A631 and proceed along the lower deck of the viaduct beneath the M1 Motorway
approximately 800m to the next junction (M1 Junction 34 South) with the M1 Motorway.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit to rejoin M1 South.
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.