East Midlands Railway has cancelled a number of Nottinghamshire services because of flooding.
Update 11:55 Friday 20 October
Line closed Derby-Long Eaton in both directions.
Line closed Derby-Chesterfield both directions.
Line closed Chesterfield-Sheffield in both directions.
Line closed Derby-Matlock both directions.
Line closed Mansfield Woodhouse-Worksop in both directions.
Line closed Grantham-Skegness in both directions.
Line closed Nottingham-Chesterfield in both directions.
Route closed Derby-Crewe both directions.
This disruption is expected to continue until the end of day today.
There is heavy rain flooding the railway at the following locations:
• Spondon, between Derby and Long Eaton
• Clay Cross, between Derby and Chesterfield.
• Dronfield, between Chesterfield and Sheffield.
• Uttoxeter, between Derby and Stoke On Trent.
• Willersley Tunnel, between Derby and Matlock.
• Allington to Ancaster, between Grantham and Skegness.
• Ilkeston, between Nottingham and Chesterfield.
This is impacting the following routes:
• Sheffield/Derby-London St Pancras (multiple sites )
• Crewe-Nottingham-Newark Castle (Spondon and Uttoxeter sites )
• Nottingham-Derby-Matlock (Spondon and Willersley site )
• Liverpool Lime Street -Nottingham-Norwich
There is also now a tree on the line closing our Lincoln-Grimsby route, whilst we wait for the tree to be removed.
The following routes have been suspended for the rest of the day:
• London St Pancras-Derby/Sheffield route has been suspended until further notice
• Nottingham – Derby – Matlock route has been suspended until further notice.
• Newark Castle-Nottingham-Crewe has been suspended until further notice.
• Nottingham-Skegness has been suspended until further notice.
Services will run between Nottingham and Mansfield Woodhouse only on our Nottingham-Worksop route until further notice.
Services cannot run between Derby and Chesterfield, or between Derby and Long Eaton.
Services cannot run between Chesterfield and Nottingham in either direction.