The A42 in Leicestershire is closed southbound between J12 (Packington) and J11 (Appleby Magna) due to an overturned caravan.
A42 has reopened
Location 10:30 am
Emergency services including Leicestershire Police are in attendance. National Highways Traffic Officers are also on scene assisting with traffic management.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the hollow circle diversion symbol:
- Exit the A42 southbound at J12 and join the B5006 southbound until the B4116 junction
- At the B4116 junction turn left and join the B4116 to the Leicester Road/Swepstone Road junction
- Turn left onto Leicester Road and then immediately right back onto the B4116 until the mini roundabout with the A444 at Twycross
- At the mini roundabout, turn right onto the A444 and continue passing through Appleby Parva until the A42 J11
- At the junction, take the 1st exit off the roundabout to re-join the A42 at J11
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.
AA Roadwatch: 09: 14 am Sunday 21 May
‘All lanes stopped and queueing traffic due to crash, a car and an overturned caravan involved on A42 Southbound from J12 B4116 Measham Road (Measham / Ashby-De-La-Zouch) to M42 J11 (Burton-Upon-Trent). Traffic is being forced off at J12 (Measham/Ashby-De-La-Zouch).’